Monday, March 20, 2006

After a sunny week

It was a busy end to a busy week. But it was a dry week, with a couple days of sun, so it was a good week.
I did get the opportunity to go for another ride Saturday morning. Again I hit the Forest, this time with a much larger group or 8. We did a fair bit of the usual, 35-40km, which is fine with me, and we kept the pace going much better than usual.

Our visitors from London had already arrived when I got back from the ride. The Horgans were in town visiting friends for the weekend and they were able to meet up with us for lunch. We took advantage of the sunny day and went to the MIM - Musical Instrument Museum for lunch at their rooftop cafe which has a great view of the whole city.

I did not bring my camera with me on that ride so I had to do something Sunday so I could take some pictures and have an excuse to post something today. So we went for a walk at Woluwe Park. Here I got to take pictures of ducks and swans, hot air balloons, scouts and trees.

It was the financial manager's birthday last week. Some people in the office decorated her office with streamers and flowers before she had arrived. Later that day when she was serving us cake that she had brought in she thanked us (I really had nothing to do with this, but I was there, so I got thanked) and said how the office made her feel like family which was very nice since everyone in the office is here from abroad. None of the 20 people here are from Belgium. And Happy Birthday was sung by everyone in their native language (all a the same time). That means 8 languages were used.

Pics of the park:












......PS. Hasn't rained in 9 days!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Receive an email each time this page is updated
Hangman

xe.com  Universal Currency Converter ®
Convert this amount
of this type of currency
into this type of currency.

enter any amount

scroll down to see more currencies

scroll down to see more currencies
Universal Currency Converter under license from XE.com. Terms of Use