Saturday, March 11, 2006

Raining on our parade

Whoops, sorry if you received an extra update email earlier this week. I was just tinkering around with the website and the notification program noticed. Also, I am trying to add a search option so you can go back to the time I mentioned monkey soup or whatever. Note: Vaughan has been updating his website from Sydney Nova Scotia and mentions cross-dressing.

Today's plan to go riding has been washed out. Have a plan to try again tomorrow. I do not know when the last day was that it did not rain. And it isn't just light rain. So I was wondering if this is the rainiest place on Earth, or at least close to holding that title. Brussels has 136 rain days a year. Quibido, Colombia has over 300. Youch. (Cherrapunji, India is the city with the largest volume per year of rain and Mount Waiale'ale in Hawaii has the largest volume of rain anywhere). Oddly enough I feel no better about the amount of rain we receive here. There was 12 hours of sunlight from 1 to 23 of February.

So I decided to finally get a gym pass. There is a very nice gym at the University (VUB), which happens to be a 10 min walk from my new office. I should have just bought the pass when we arrived but I didn't know I would end up working so close to the school making it the most convenient gym. The down side is the shortest membership available is for a year making it hard to justify when we only know we will be here to September when school and my internship are both finished. Also it opens at 9am weekdays and for only 4 hours on Sunday.

This weekend we will be planting grass on the balcony and terrace. Seems like a decently generic and robust species that we will be successful. I won't list here what we have been able to kill so far... but we do have a nice collection of pots now. This is a "before" picture. Maybe this will be an "after" picture?


PS. That ficus is dead. Froze to death.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Receive an email each time this page is updated
Hangman

xe.com  Universal Currency Converter ®
Convert this amount
of this type of currency
into this type of currency.

enter any amount

scroll down to see more currencies

scroll down to see more currencies
Universal Currency Converter under license from XE.com. Terms of Use